InGround Fire Safety Shelters
THE ULTIMATE WAY TO SURVIVE A WILDFIRE FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY
For residents in the Western States, the reality of experiencing nearby wildfires might hit too close to home. Fire officials now agree that the possibility is no longer a matter of “if” but “when and where” an inferno will suddenly ignite. As a result of the speed and intensity of wildfire flames, many victims have been found in incinerated homes, just outside of their front doors, or inside of their cars before they could flee.
Whether you're a new or established homeowner who lives near fire-prone areas, installing a permanent, in-ground fire shelter is a critical investment. It is the last resort for your first priority – to save your life and those of your loved ones.
• Interior height of over 6 feet 2 inches
• Interior space of 6 feet x 8 feet; and rated for up to 6 people for 85 minutes
• Built to meet or exceed FEMA 320 and ICC-500 standards
• Constructed of 6,500 PSI, self-sealing concrete with fibermesh.
• Concrete additives self-seal and waterproof for 40+ years
• 8" by 6" diameter; screened air vents with stainless steel hatches, closable with a high temperature airtight seal
• Powder coated staircase with dual handrails
• Reinforced with Grade 60, 3/8"; rebar every 9 to 12 inches
Door Construction Specifications (Patent Pending)
• 30 inches x 36 inches
• High temperature viewing port, quartz glass 8 inches x 8 inches x 1/2 inch viewing area 4 inches x 4 inches
• Gas charged shock hinges for easy opening
• High temperature double-rubber gasket seal around the door
• High temperature sealant/silicone
• High temperature insulation ceramic fiber blanket, 3 inches total
• Sealed ball bearing for door handle
• 16 gauge 316L stainless steel sheet metal for door and frame
• Custom door handle non-locking accessible from both sides
• Exterior door surround guard, with bullnose corners to prevent injury to occupants.
Please contact us if you have further questions or require additional information.